Sunday, September 10, 2006

Me?!?!?!??

Has anyone ever told you that you're an answer to prayer?

I have a friend that I eat lunch with just about every Sunday. The only exceptions being when one of us is sick or out of town. She comes over and picks me up from Pipeline, we grab something to eat, and then we sit in the gym eating our lunch and talking about whatever comes to mind. We talk about the big events in our life, we talk about the little events, we talk about our hopes for the future and our disappointments from the past. We've been doing Sunday lunches for almost a year now. That's quite a bit of talking time. Well, we're also in small group together. This past Wednesday our small group leader was talking about people being answers to prayer. Sometimes it's obvious that you were an answer to prayer and sometimes you just go, "huh?" He was giving some examples of things that have happened in his life. Basically it was a little message on making sure our hearts and minds were open to hear God's prompting in our life. Well today I'm sitting having lunch as usual with my friend. She turns to me and brings up Wednesday and asks if I want to hear her story. Of course I want to hear her story so I turn towards her to make sure she knows she has my absolute undivided attention and she tells me that it involves me. Well, that kinda floors me, but I say ok and ask her was her experience is. She told me that she was on the verge of leaving Sandals (gasp! on my part) and she prayed to God and told Him that she needed a friend; someone that she could sit and talk with and really help her find her church family. She tells me that she prayed this one Sunday while driving home. One or two weeks later I had gotten back from my trip to TN and had brought my photo album with me to church. We sat down and I was showing her my pictures and that's when we really started talking and hanging out. So, she told me I was the answer to her prayer. I had absolutely no idea what to say, I was floored. I was completly shocked, for a split second I thought she was kidding. The first thing that popped out of my mouth was, "Awww, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside." Ok, not the most brillant thing to say, but not the worst either. She just laughed at me, knowing my tendency towards blonde moments.

So that was my shocking moment of the day, maybe more like the shocking moment of the year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet. I love when people are willing to open their hearts and tell you things most would be nervous about sharing.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me diana, you are an answer to prayer to more people than you know. Just to name one... to summer, she mentions all the time how amazing and "an answer to prayer" that you are not only to her but the kids you love on each week. You are a gem!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home