Saturday, September 02, 2006

There's No Place Like Home...

Well, I'm back home. I have had an interesting couple of days. Last night I went to a women's dinner/prayer meeting with mom. At first I felt kinda weird, I was the youngest person there. The person who's house it was at did a little sermon. Her sermon was titled, "When God Speaks, Please Listen". There were some good points that I needed to hear, they tied in with what I've been learning lately. After the talk we had prayer. It was prayer like at the church I went to as a child, laying on of hands, people being overcome by the spirit. The kind of prayer that people see and freak out and think people are totally faking it. The pastors wife asked me if she could pray for me. I don't know how much my mom has told her about me, but there was some stuff that she was praying about that I know my mom hasn't told her because I haven't told my mom.


I spent the day today with my parents. We went out to lunch, then we went to the verizon store and I upgraded my cell phone. Then it was off to Berean where we looked around for awhile. We're such a strange family we hang out in bookstores for fun. I've spent the evening catching up on email and blogs that I haven't read in ages. I saw on Los' blog that I missed blog day, so I'll have to catch up on that as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home