Sunday, September 03, 2006

Amazing, Incredibly, Awesome Day

Today was so incredibly hectic. First off I could not sleep last night, I think it was finally 3:30 in the morning when I fell asleep, then my alarm went off at 5:30, I reset it for 6 and slept and extra half hour. So then I’m at Pipeline by about 7:15 or so to help set up, no big deal I do that every week. What was so different about Pipeline this week is brilliant person that I am (that was sarcastic by the way) decided to move our motions practices from Wednesday evenings to Sunday mornings. So kids that attend the 9am service show up at 8am for practice and kids that attend the 11am service show up at 10am for practice. If you have never seen a Pipeline worship service I urge you to check it out, it is completely awesome and so much fun, and requires so much energy for those of us on stage, and I absolutely love it! That being said, motions practice requires tons of energy as well. We go through each song at least two times, usually three to make sure that everyone has the motions down. So I practice from 8 to 9 (set 1) then am on stage from 9 to 9:30 dancing to my little hearts content jumping for almost a full 30 minutes to help keep the kids in the audience engaged (set 2). I get about 30 minutes to catch my breath and then the 10am practice starts and we practice until about 11 (set 3) then I’m on stage dancing again, this time singing as well trying to stay in tune while jumping and being winded from no time to catch my breath (set 4). So, needless to say when I moved practices to Sunday I had not thought about the whole 4 sets every Sunday morning. Then of course I had a class during island time, I got the second graders (my previous first graders that I haven’t hung out with in forever) so that was awesome. After Pipeline today Sam and I had lunch and then headed out to Highland because my step-dad got baptized for the first time today YEAAAAA and my mom was re-baptized. It was awesome to be there for that. I am so happy I have a camera phone now, I was able to take pictures. Then of course there was church this evening. I don’t know that I really wanted to be there at first, but then I started seeing my wonderful church family and it was all good. And as exhausted as I was I found some energy and danced to my hearts content with little Sadie, we even did some Pipeline motions to No One Like You. Pictures of this afternoon follow.

Sorry, for the incredibly long post but it’s been an incredibly full day, that was just totally awesome. I just feel so blessed right now. I have so many people in my life that care for me, I don’t want for anything, I have an awesome church that challenges me every week in some way to become more Christ-like, and an awesome church family that is there for me to divide my sorrows and multiply the joys. So thank you to all who are there for me, to offer an encouraging word or just to give me a hug, you are all amazing!

This is Sam at lunch, he wasn't too happy with me for taking a picture of him. This is my mom (Fay) and Carle (my step-dad), the lady on the right is Wendy, a friend of theirs from their church.
This is Carle being prayed for before his baptizism.
He got dunked! YEAAAAA!!This is my mom during prayer. Unfortunatly my phone didn't catch her when she got dunked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home