Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Confrontation

Once again it has been ages since I've posted. I think I'm finally caught up on blog reading; well, I should say as caught up as I'm going to get. Not much has happened since I last posted. Just boring everyday stuff.

A couple of weeks ago I had lunch with my father. I sat down and was completely honest with him for the first time that I can remember. I call it my confrontation meeting. I let him know how I felt about how he treated me as a child, how hurt I was by what he had done in the past, that he was not a father figure, and so many other things. Now the big thing that has been on my mind is whether I should go to his wedding or not. I'm not sure that I want to.

5 Comments:

Blogger Casey Angulo said...

Heavy. I will pray for you.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Diana!!! What a big step in your realtionship with your father!! I haven't got there yet, not sure I will ever.

As for the wedding that is something to pray about. I know that you might not want to go, but if you are trying to mend the relationship maybe it would help to go and show that you support him. I dont know all the details so I maybe wrong....I will be praying for you.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana, I haven't read blogs in awhile, so I don't know if this is past. I am so proud of you for standing up for yourself! You matter, and it sounds like your dad needed to be reminded of that! Even if he doesn't recognize how special you are, it doesn't make it any less true! You matter, you're special, and there is a whole family (the Sandals staff:)out there to back me up! Love you girl!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy that you got the chance to let your father know how you feel. I hope that has brought freedom to your soul.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home