Tuesday, September 26, 2006

An Opportunity

Today is my first full day of classes; a full day consisting of three labs. I've finished up two labs and have one more to go, it starts in about 45 minutes. So far, I have had a really great day. I enjoy being back on campus and my students so far have been really nice and respectful. In my morning lab a couple of students asked me about my gray bracelet. So, I got a chance to share my faith with my lab this morning. That was awesome. One of the students said, "Oh, I thought the word servant meant that you serve your students." I told him I serve Christ by serving my students, that I'm there for them to help them understand, to answer questions, and to make physics easier for them. He made a deep thought face and then went back to calculations. I saw a couple of the students write down the verse to look up and a couple of students asked me what church I attend. So, now they know there's an open door and they can talk to me. That's always exciting to me; to know that I can be there for a student intellectually and possibly spiritually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home