Monday, August 07, 2006

An incredibly long blog follows...

Before you get too far into this incredibly long blog…if you were interested in the answers to the questions from my last post, they were added to the end of my previous post.

I had an incredible weekend. I don't think I could pinpoint one totally incredible moment, but overall it was really good. Friday I got to go over to see my kids. Ok, they're not biologically mine, or even legally mine, but I love 'em to death. Justin and Kaelynne are totally awesome. Considering everything that they've been through in their short amount of time here on earth they are remarkably well adjusted. Justin was a sweetheart, he gave me a hug (I love to get hugs from others) and then went and did something and then came and gave me another hug and then went and did something and came and gave me another hug and said, "I just can't stop hugging you." He's so cute! Kaelynne is adorable, she had a friend over and they were playing dress up and they were making music for me with their dress shoes. It was so funny. And of course I got to spend time with Sandy, one of my dearest friends, while getting hugs from the kids and being entertained by them. It was nice to catch up with her and just sit and relax and not have to worry about being somewhere or getting something done. When I did go home I just went to bed and slept for a full 8 hours, which was absolutely incredible, I never do that.

Saturday I had an appointment in the morning, but then I went over to my dads and he changed my oil for me. I wanted to learn how to change it myself but I fell asleep on the couch (I really needed to catch up on my sleep) while he was teaching Sam how to change his oil and they just came in and got my keys and changed my oil and didn't wake me up until it was time for dinner. So I got some much needed sleep. I really wish I could sleep during the week, well, sleep for more than 4 hours a night anyway.

Today was church. I love Sundays. I get to hang out with family, I love my church family. I love being at Pipeline in the morning and interacting with my kids. I get to just hang out with them and talk to them and love on them. Oh, the beauty of having the first graders. %^) Today one of my boys told me I was the best teacher ever. That put a huge smile on my face. I saw a couple of my kids first service because I was hanging out waiting for second service to start (when I "teach") and they asked me why I wasn't teaching anymore. I had to explain that I only teach the second service. They're so cute and lovable. I just want to scoop them all up and give them a great big giant hug. This evening I went to big church and I don't think I've ever laughed so hard during a sermon. For all the laughter there were a few things that really hit me, especially toward the end. I had a nice little cry as the ending worship started. I really hate crying in public, usually I can hide it quickly enough that no one notices, or if they do no one has ever said anything. Tonight Summer caught me and asked me how I was doing and called me out on my lie when I said I was fine. Thank you Summer for not letting me skate for being a “safe” person to talk to. I was raised to be very independent, those of you who know me are probably laughing at that and thinking it’s an understatement. Unfortunately that independence meant keeping things to myself and not talking to anyone about things. So, I don’t often feel comfortable talking to others about things going on in my life. That and I’m always concerned that I’m going to tell someone something and they’re going to be totally shocked and have a blank look on their face. Maybe that’s why I like blogging so much. I can share things and not have to be there and see a reaction to the thoughts running through my head.

Ok, so that was an incredibly long blog. Hopefully it didn’t bore you too much or cause you to fall asleep.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi diana, this is diana, diana right? summers awesome volunteer, Kennedy's awesome pipeline teacher. I just saw you link from Los' blog & wanted to say Hi! I love blogging because I feel connected to people, like this post, i feel like i just got to know you better. Anyhow, i hope this is the right diana!
Much love
tammy

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home