Thursday, August 17, 2006

Habitual Praise

Did you know David Crowder wrote a book? I discovered this fact a couple of weeks ago when I went to find out when his new book is coming out. His book is titled "Praise Habit". I love Crowder's music (thanx Eddie for getting me hooked) so I felt like I needed to buy his book. I've read the first three chapters so far. I really think this book is going to kick my butt.

Crowder defines habitual praise as a perpetually sacred acknowledgement of the Giver of every good thin. That sounds a little daunting at first; however he is quick to point out that we do this naturally as children. As kids we enjoy life. We skipped down the sidewalk, played with our food, told everyone about our favorite toy. As we get older people point and laugh and we notice. C.S. Lewis once said, "Praise is the culmination of our enjoyment of anything." How often have I stopped myself from praising God because I'm afraid someone will laugh at me? How often have I felt an overflowing joy and done nothing about it? We need to revel in the moment. Grat it with both hands and dance for joy in the wonderful gloriousness of it. So the next time you see me dancing or skipping down the sidewalk instead of pointing and laughing (or whispering behind hands) I invite you to join me and laugh at the amazing life God has given us to enjoy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Encouraging words, thanks Diana!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home