Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday, Monday . . .

I am so incredibly tired right now. Today was a thinking day. I went into the church office this morning to help with a mailing. It took about an hour to get the labels done. Beky and I were both not all there, it should not have taken that long. Then I rushed up to San Bernardino to see my dad and get adjusted (he's a chiropractor). We went to lunch and talked for a bit; haven't done that in a while. Then I drove over to Upland so I could meet with a fellow professor and we could work on one of the lab manuels. So from 1 until 7, we worked on rewriting the lab manuel for the physics class that liberal studies majors take. We've got the whole quarter planned out. One week is completely done. YEA!!!! Two weeks are almost done, just need a bit of simplifying. The other seven weeks still need to be typed out. Linh is putting together all of the diagrams and tables. So, I am the person doing all of the typing. So, I have seven weeks of labs I need to finish writing up and typing up this week. Of course typing the lab means taking data from other areas, such as the book, other lab manuels, and the like and simplifying it so it's not quite so math intensive. I'm hoping to get them finished by Saturday or Sunday at the latest. I'm feeling pretty productive because we got so much done, but a bit overwhelmed that I still have so much to do. I guess I'll be taking my computer with me to Borders this week so I can work on labs during my lunch hour.

Lunch with my dad today was interesting. He's getting married (again). At least he's consistent, he marries the woman that he had an affair with. This is the woman he was sleeping with before he got divorced from his last wife. So anyway, he announces it to me by say, "So, I just wanted to let you know Carol and I are getting married. I bought her a ring too." He found another woman who would take care of him, so he's happy for the time being.

On a happier note, my stepdad is going to get baptised. September 3rd he'll make a public proclamation of his faith. I'm very excited for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home