Monday, July 31, 2006

Yea for Rain

I went into the church office today. As I was driving down into Riverside there was a heavy fog and a light drizzle. It was beautiful. It remined me of Amy Grant's song "I Love a Lonely Day." In it, one of the verses is, "I love a lonely day, it chases me back to You." I love rainy, overcast days. I really enjoy when it rains in the summer, that way it's still kinda warm and I can go out and play in the rain and it causes me to think more of Christ.

My parents church is doing a fast. They've been talking about the fruits of the spirit. So their fast is to eat fruit, and each time they eat a piece of fruit to think about one of the fruits of the spirit. I thought that was a really good idea.

Well, it is time for family prayer. I am so glad that we've kept doing family prayer and it wasn't just a one time thing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am like you, when it rains i get giddy inside! I suddenly become happy. I dont know why, people complain about how gloomy it is and that sunshine brings smiles not for me!

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home