Monday, August 20, 2007

My Brain Will NOT Shut-up

I can not go to sleep. I am exhausted, so incredibly tired, but I can not go to sleep. My brain will not shut up. Random thoughts keep running through my mind. Thoughts about how Sunday night went, what I absolutely have to get done tomorrow, stories that I haven't finished that need to be finished, people I probably should call so they don't think I have totally forgotten about them, the fact that I have to be to work in less than three (yes 3) hours, thoughts about someone that I really wish I would stop thinking about, thoughts telling other thoughts to stop so I can go to sleep, the fact that I've been wheezing since about 8 this evening but if I use my inhaler I'll sleep for at least half a day, and why is it that my body reacts oppositely of how it should when I use my inhaler, I mean it's a stimulant it should wake me up not put me to sleep but every time I use it I sleep for at least half a day. Although now that it's almost 3:30 in the morning I'm sorely tempted to use it, the thing that stops me is that I'm afraid I'll sleep through my alarm and so wouldn't even wake up to call in to work, let alone actually make it to work. Then I start thinking, maybe I can take a nap tomorrow afternoon after work before my meeting tomorrow evening but then I'm reminded of all the stuff that I have to do tomorrow and then I'm reminded of the saying, "Yard by yard is awfully hard but inch by inch it's a cinch." And really, how do you take life inch by inch? So, I was thinking of just going to Denny's having an incredibly early breakfast and reading a book while I waited for it to be time to go to work, but I really don't want to go to Denny's, I just want to sleep.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks that you didn't get a good nights sleep. I have that problem often, and most of the time it's because I'm thinking too.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home