Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Small Group Goodness

Tonight was small group. My leader, Steven, is on his way to Yosemite (actually I'm sure he's there by now) so that he can climb half dome tomorrow. The person who usually takes over, Steve, is off leading a financial small group for a few weeks. So, I led small group. We didn't talk about the sermon (I'll leave that to Steven next week). Instead I asked everyone what they have been reading lately in the bible. I myself have been reading Ecclesiastes 5 and really focusing on verses 1 - 7 which talk about fearing God. Before small group I re-read chapters 1 through 4 just to refresh my memory. But our discussion this evening centered around Ecc. 5:1-7. It was awesome, we had some really good discussion about what it means to fear God. Then we talked a little bit about the beginning of Ecclesiastes and how Solomon talked about everything being done in vanity. How we should not focus on yesterday because it's done and there's nothing we can do to change it and we should not focus on tomorrow because it is not here and there's no point in worrying about it, but that we should focus on now. As we go about our day we need to be thinking about what we can do NOW to glorify God and praise Him. Then of course we did prayer requests and talked about how things are going in our lives. It was an absolutely amazing evening! Almost makes me wish I hadn't backed out of becoming a small group leader.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home