Saturday, November 18, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!

Thursday was my birthday. I am now twenty-seven years old. Still relatively young I guess. Anyway, for my birthday I bought tickets to go see Lion King at Pantages Theater in Hollywood. IT WAS AMAZING!!!! I absolutely loved it! I took my friend Carrie with me and we had a blast. The musical itself is indescribable; if you haven’t seen it you should if you ever get the chance.

Inside the Pantages.

Outside the Pantages.

On our drive in to the Pantages Carrie and I had seen a tattoo parlor. I wondered (out loud) how much it would be to get my tattoo. For approximately three years I’ve wanted a tattoo of a rose on my ankle. Three years ago my aunt passed away and, besides my mom, she is the one who had the most influence in my life. Kathy has a rose tattoo on her ankle so I wanted one in memory of her. So, when we got out of Lion King we drove over to the tattoo parlor, it was closed. What kind of tattoo parlor closes by 11pm in Hollywood? We ended up driving around for about half an hour looking for an open tattoo parlor; by the end of the drive we just wanted to find any other tattoo parlor. We finally found one, Tattoo Mania. In we went, where I got my tattoo! This random tattoo parlor that we happened to find I guess is pretty famous on some level, the guy who did my tattoo has done tattoo’s for Usher, Eve, Courtney Love, and some other people. Pretty cool I thought.

Carrie and I again, before the madness began.

And it begins, Carrie had me laughing so hard, it was difficult keeping my leg still.

The green shading.

The red shading.

The finished product.


Well, that was my birthday.

Friday, the physics students up at the college wanted to throw a birthday party for the three instructors who’s birthdays were this week. So they brought in cakes and sung happy birthday to the two of us who were there, one instructor was missing. My students are amazing.

Also, one of my students bought me a bottle of vodka. I now have a bottle of lemon flavored Gray Goose vodka in my fridge. Sandy and I are going to open it up tonight to try it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Casey Angulo said...

Looks like an awesome birthday.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

Congrats on getting your tattoo! Good for you! Glad you enjoyed Lion King too.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday
Sorry I missed it! I like your tattoo!!!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home