Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saturday Musings

It's been an incredibly busy week for me. Although thinking back over the week, not a typical busy week for me when I get into the swing of things. School still hasn't started up for me yet. Classes don't start until September 20th. So all I'm doing is working at Borders (only about 15 hours a week) and volunteering at the church office. I think I've gotten lazy this summer. Although I am looking forward to classes starting up again, I've missed my students.

On another note, last weekend my parents went out to Arizona to see my grandparents.

My grandma decided to go through radiation treatments for her cancer. The doctors are trying to shrink the tumor before they do a second surgery. Because of the type of cancer it is it will be a radical surgery. Apparently the type of cancer it is has cancer spores on the outside of the tumor so when they took out the first tumor (not knowing what type of cancer it was) some spores were left behind which is why a second tumor has started growing. My mom told me it was about the size of a softball. Anyway, when they go in to remove the second tumor not only will they remove the tumor but they will remove a good portion of the flesh/muscle in that area as well. Needless to say, my grandma is very weak from the radiation treatments, and she's very sick as well. I've been trying not to think about it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home