Monday, April 23, 2007

Please keep me in your prayers.

Last night during church service I wrote this, “Something needs to change but I don’t know what and I don’t know how to change. I feel like what I do is never enough. There’s always more required. I’m just so tired, of everything and I don’t know how to rest. I don’t know how to recoup. I don’t know how to heal. God, please heal me. I don’t know how much longer I can hold on.”

In case you couldn’t guess from the above passage, I struggle with depression. Not just the “oh poor me, I don’t fit in” depression, but the depression that I can barely get out of bed in the morning because I feel there is no point to life. Although I have never thought of ending my own life, I have wondered how far away from that point I am.

I have a friend that I have known for many years. We’ve been through quite a bit, this friend and I. We’ve had many fights, not just disagreements, but fights, and we are still good friends. I feel like we can talk to each other about almost anything. He called me this evening to tell me he got his vicarage assignment (his internship before becoming a pastor for the Lutheran Church) in Northern California. He has the unique ability of being able to shift my focus where it should be no matter what; the only other person who was ever able to do that for me was my aunt. Anyway, he called this evening; he told me about his vicarage assignment and asked how I am doing. So, I told him. He reminded me that my focus should not be on me, I will never be good enough at anything, my focus should be on Christ and His sacrifice for me, because it is in Christ that I find my true value. So, thank you to my friend who encourages me every time we talk and who is still my friend against his better judgment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Casey Angulo said...

I will be praying for you girl. Hang in there.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Samuel Wall said...

Sweet! Your friend seems like a good guy. I'm wondering if I've met him, though....

2:33 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Diana, I was surfing a few friends' blogs at lunch today and found yours. Thanks for your honesty. I have been where you are more than once. It is dark and hard being in the pit. Just wanted you to know I'm praying for you today that God would be gracious to you in the midst of you waiting for him to pull you out. Ps 107:9

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home