Friday, May 16, 2008

I am such a geek

I am currently sitting at the Embassy Suites hotel in Frisco Texas. I've been here since Thursday morning. We were supposed to fly in Wednesday evening but there was a storm. We got diverted to Houston. I have to say it was pretty amazing seeing the lighting in the clouds as we were flying through them. It was slightly scary, but definitely cool looking. Anyway, we got diverted to Houston and landed in Dallas 4 hours after we were supposed to. Then we get to the rental car agency and they have only one car left on the lot. Amazingly we all fit into it, with luggage. God truly does work miracles. We get to the hotel and they had given away one of our rooms so there was only one room for all 6 of us. They shipped 3 of us off to a difference hotel for the evening. Luckily, or rather, by the grace of God, things calmed down yesterday and have been going smoothly since.

Anyway, the reason I'm at the Embassy Suites in Frisco Texas is for a conference. Not just any conference, but a geek conference. I'm here to learn more about Fellowship Technologies. This is the program that our church uses as much as possible. We are always learning new ways in which we can use the program. So, I'm here to learn how to better implement the program. It has been AMAZING! I've learned so much. I've gotten tons of tips on how to better apply functions and how to troubleshoot current problems. I went to an amazing session by Mark Lindsley on how to better format event registration. Online camp sign-ups are going to go so much smoother next year. I'm really excited about what's being covered and how to apply it when we get home.

We actually have tonight off, so we're going to a minor league baseball game. The field sits right behind the hotel, so we'll veg for an hour or so before the game starts and head over and relax and fellowship together.

It's been great! I'm loving it!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home