Friday, July 13, 2007

A Kitchen Scene

Here’s yet another story. Thanks to Sam for providing my first sentence. Let me know what you think. Also, if you’d like to provide a first sentence for me to write a story with, send it over and I’ll do my best.


A Kitchen Scene

The rose water had a bitter yet pleasant aroma. It filled the air as it spread across the floor. I shuddered with pleasure as my senses seemed to be awakened for the first time. As to what had roused my passionate actions I was unsure. I could feel the blood rushing through my veins, hear my heart pounding in my chest (I was sure someone would hear it if I didn’t calm down soon), smell the many aromas that filled the air, and see the beads of sweat dry on the body of the man laying at my feet.

Suddenly, reality hit with a sharp cold thud. What had I done? I was incredulous of the facts before me. How was I going to get rid of the evidence? Impulsively I called a friend from the old days.

“Yeah, this is ****.”

“Hey, remember me?” I asked. Partially hoping that he didn’t, but mostly hoping that he did so he could help me now.

“How could I forget you? Whaddha want?”

“Well, see, there’s this issue that I need some help with, I don’t want it getting out in the open.”

“So, ya thought of me huh?”

“Can you help me or not?”

“Where do you want me to meet you?”

Half an hour later he stood in the kitchen with me, looking at the scene that still shocked my senses. Why was I not repulsed by the sight? A darkness filled my soul, terrifying me.

We worked quickly, cleaning everything in sight as best we could. Soon the kitchen looked like nothing had ever happened.

How long until he was missed, until people started looking at me like a freak of nature.

My friend’s voice disturbed my reverie, “We’re done here. I’ll send ya a bill.”

“Thanks, I owe you.”

“Whatever, like I said, I’ll send ya a bill.”

He walked outside and was gone.

Here it is many years down the road. I still shudder in terror at the pleasure that courses through my veins in memory of that night anytime I see a bottle of rose water.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Samuel Wall said...

Wow. You took that in a direction that never crossed my mind. Bravo! *applause* *fanfare*

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home