Thursday, July 05, 2007

Good Wife?

  • Los posted the following picture on his blog. You can click on the picture to get a better view of what it says.

  • What follows was my response to all the females who gave an outraged cry.

    Ok, I’m going to start this reply with a disclaimer, I am single and do not know what marriage is like in the “real world”. That being said, I have seen this picture before. The first time I saw it I was up in arms, how in the world could they expect women to do all of that? But my hot-headedness has cooled.

    Point 1: Be happy to see him. - Shouldn’t a wife be happy to see her husband? This is the person she has chosen to spend the rest of her life with, the person she has chosen to be her spiritual head. Also, he should be happy to see her.

    Point 2: Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him. - Isn’t that the curse that Eve brought upon us? “And your desire will be for your husband.”

    Point 3: Listen to him. (it goes on but I don’t agree with the rest) - A woman should listen to her husband, but that does not mean that he should not listen to her.

    Point 4: Don’t greet him with complaints and problems. - Who wants to be greeted with complaints and problems? I know I don’t. This should be a common courtesy to any person you greet.

    Point 5: Your goal: try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquility where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit. - Who would not want their home to be peaceful and a place of rest and tranquility? If the home is not peaceful not only will the husband not be able to renew himself in body and spirit, the wife will not be able to either.

    Point 6: A good wife always knows her place. - When I read this I think of Proverbs 31, what I look at to see how far away I am from what God wants me to be doing.

    As women we are to be submissive to our husbands. This does not mean that we never get a say and have to always agree with our husbands. But it does mean that he gets the final say, as long as it does not go against God’s word.

    There are definitely things I do not agree with from the article, such as not questioning him when he’s been out all night, that’s a bunch of bull. However, we are called to be servants of Christ. Christ, God’s only begotten son, served us. Doesn’t that mean that we should serve those around us, and doesn’t that include our husbands?


    So, what do you think of it?

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home