Friday, June 23, 2006

This is no accident.....

"For it was You who formed my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; that I know very well." Psalm 139:13-14


Well, here it is midnight and I'm supposed to be sleeping because I have to get up at 4 to start getting ready for work. But I can't sleep and when I can't sleep a million little thoughts go running through my head. Mostly insignificant little things that I can never remember for the life of me. However, occasionally, a thought will strike and for some reason my brain will focus on it for awhile. So, I'm having a random thought process moment and all the sudden a question pops into my thought process; what makes someone attractive to another person? I realize the answer to this question is different for everyone and someone will more than likely say, it's what's on the inside that matters. But whoever you may be, initially it's the physical perception that gets those juices flowing. So after running with this thought for a little bit, it led me to the question, well what do people find unattractive? Which, me being the self-focused sort of person I am, led me to ask, what's unattractive about me? So, began the process of me questioning who and what I am. What is so unattractive about me? Why is it that here I am on my way to 30 (albeit I'm closer to 25 than 30) and I've only been asked out maybe 4 times in my life? What is wrong with me? And then the above verse popped into my head. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I opened up my bible to find the verse, and there's a big note next to it, "REMEMBER THIS!!" I don't seem to be doing to well following my own advice. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am not an accident, God formed me in my mother's womb. As Popeye says, "I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam." At least I think it was Popeye; I'm a little rusty on my Robin Williams movies. My point is, God didn't make a mistake with me. By questioning my design, I'm questioning God. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Isaiah 12:5 says "Sing to the Lord, for He has done excellent things." Now, I am taking the verse slightly out of context, but He has done excellent things. We all are fearfully and wonderfully made. So, let us rejoice and sing praises to the Lord.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana, I know many people who have lost tons of weight because they think that would make men ask them out. Or then there are those who have changed their personalities and apperance in hopes to attract a man. But with all of their attempts to change who they are they still sit waiting and longing for a man. Then when one finally bites they jump on it even if he is not what they have always wanted. You are young and he is out there. Don't allow the idea that we all have to date and be married by a certain age enter your mind.
Hope in this. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home